It's been a while since I've done a food post, and lucky for you I've risen from my death bed and my mom and I made the most fab-u-lous chicken tonight. Here's a little glimpse into Cafe de Bartelt.
Drum roll please...
Okay, thank you!
Chicken stuffed with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes
A side of sauteed spinach
1. Cut your chicken breasts in half, and softly pound with a meat mallet
2. Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
3. In a bowl mix goat cheese, a few pieces of sun dried tomatoes, one basil leaf and a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Spoon a small amount of cheese mixture on a piece of chicken, and roll that bad boy up like a nice little burrito, if you will. Hold it together with a tooth pic.
5. In a pan add a small amount of canola oil, lightly brown the chicken.
6. Put the chicken in the oven (at 400 degrees) for about 8-10 minutes.
7. You're done- easy, peasy, baby!
1. Chop up three cloves of garlic.
2. Heat up a pan on the stove, add olive oil and brown the garlic.
3. Add the spinach- A LOT of spinach because this is one sneaky vegetable, it shrinks to nothing.
4. Saute for a few minutes until soft and dark green. Salt and pepper to taste.
To make this even more simple....
This meal is e-a-s-y, and my goodness is it tasty.
Try it and let me know what you think!
P.S. a sick weekend recap is on ze way this week. I know, exciting isn't it?
P.P.S. How lucky am I to have a mom that can teach me to cook like this? Love you, lady!